CLIMATE SMART CHEFS
LIFE CLIMATE SMART CHEFS
Life Climate Smart Chefs is a project funded by the European Union’s LIFE Programme. The project is aimed at contributing to the implementation of the EU Climate Policy and the Farm to Fork Strategy, by actively involving chefs as promoters of low-emissions, nutritious and affordable diets, and to promote a mainstream debate on food as a key factor to mitigate climate change.
The key project activities include:
- the running of a high-level training course for chefs
- the development of a digital tool to design sustainable menus
- the creation of an Award for chefs and local initiatives that promote sustainable diets
- the creation of a EU network of chefs’ associations
- the drafting of the Life Climate Smart Chefs Vision 2030, a strategic document aimed at providing policy recommendations and supporting EU policies.